Help a Child Love to Learn
|During the GO School Saturday program, a professional teacher models a lesson, activity or project to a classroom of students. Volunteer tutors continue to work with small groups of (2) to (4) students on the lesson providing individualized attention which allows the students to thrive.
GO School 2012-2013 Schedule
October 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10, 17
December 1,8, 15
January 5, 12, 26
February 2, 9, 16
March 2, 9, 16, 23
April 6, 13, 20
|Additional Skills Required:|
• College students, professionals, retirees, and high school students in good academic standing.
• Commitment to and belief in all children’s ability to succeed and thrive
• Professional work habits
• Tutor small group of students in grades 1st-7th who are in need of academic intervention under Head Teacher’s guidance
• Punctual and consistent attendance; advance notification of absences encouraged
• Actively and enthusiastically participate - supporting instruction and engagement
• Help prepare, record and put away classroom materials
• Ongoing communication with Head Teacher regarding children’s progress &/or concerns, and with the Director of Community Engagement regarding overall volunteer experience.
• Session I: October– December 2012, 9 Saturdays 9:15 am – 12:45 pm
• Session II: January – April 2013, 13 Saturdays 9:15 am – 12:45 pm
• Attend mandatory orientation and training prior to start of session.
• High School students, those receiving credit or fulfilling a requirement must attend the training sessions offered. (All other volunteers are encouraged to attend.)
• Application Form
• Cover Letter and Resume (not required of HS students)/ High school transcript (for HS students)
• Personal references, including one written
• Background check (for those 18 and older)
Locations and Placement
Saturday tutoring takes place at (2) locations: Grace Church School, 4th Avenue @ 11th Street and LREI, 6th Avenue @ Bleecker Street. Placement is based on a complimentary match between programmatic need and volunteer strengths. We will honor preferences when possible.
• Personal gratification through enhancing the lives of young learners.
• Ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
• Being part of a vibrant and diverse volunteer community.
If interested, please e-mail cover letter and resume to Olivia Nunez, Director o|
|86 Fourth Ave|
272 6th Ave
New York, New York 10003
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|