Volunteers needed to provide advice, resources, and guidance to low-income
|As a volunteer with LINC, you will help low-income adults address the day-to-day challenges faced when entering the job market. With the unemployment rate above 10%, it is harder than ever for those most vulnerable in our communities to pull themselves up and improve their quality of life. Job Skills Volunteers at LINC Cares contribute to the programs that provide resources to adults that prepare them for work, success and financial security.
Volunteers may support the coordination of the following activities:
• Resume writing
• Interview preparation
• English as a second language (ESL) education
• Computer labs
• And more…
Job Skills Volunteers are trained according to LINC Cares program models to support the coordination of these important services. Responsibilities include: outreach, preparation, setting up and cleaning program space, facilitating services, ensuring the safety of participants, and communicating with property management and resident services staff.
Learn new skills and have fun, all while improving the likelihood of career success for those most vulnerable in our community!
|Additional Skills Required:|
|To qualify as a Job Skills Volunteer, applicants must be at least 16 years of age and submit to a Live Scan background verification. Getting involved is as easy as taking 4 simple steps:
1. Visit our website at: http://www.linchousing.org/linccares/vol_form.html and complete the online application.
2. You will be contacted within days to schedule an orientation appointment.
3. Attend an orientation where you will meet onsite staff, receive a tour of the facility, and be given an introduction to LINC and the responsibilities of its volunteers.
4. You will be contacted after orientation for placement in the activity of your choice.
For more information, please contact Juanita Lee at 562 684 1113 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|4058 Taylor Street|
Sacramento, California 91730
|Click here to Apply|